When I was young, I watched "Interior Motives" with Christopher Lowell everyday after school. I wanted to be an interior decorator :) I still love HGTV and reading blogs about design...especially Centsational Girl. She got me wanting to paint furniture. I have painted a little cabinet before, but didn't take the steps to do a very good job. This time I wanted to do my coffee table. We got it from Eric's parents. They had it for a long time and didn't use it. I've been feeling like we have too much wood finish in our apartment with all hardwoods and different color wood furniture...so the coffee table is the first in a whole line of stuff I wanna paint.
This has been a Godd send because I'm trying to adjust to the new city & knowing no one. While Eric's at work, I have been able to stay busy and productive doing something I find fun...so here is the before & after with a lil detail of how I did it.
1. Sanded (or let Eric sand) the coffee table
2. Used liquid sander on the plastic parts
3. Painted 2 coats of primer
4. Painted 3 coats of a dark gray paint mixed with Floetrol (supposed to slow drying time so you don't see brush strokes)
5. Did 2 coats of sealer to finish the job
6. Still need to spray paint a knob that I took off...not sure what color (black or silver??)
Total time: 3 days
Love the finished result!
No comments:
Post a Comment