Tuesday, August 6, 2013

St. Louis - My Year in Review Part UNO

I have been in St. Louis for a whole year 13 months now! As I get ready to pack it on up and move back home, I wanted to take note of everything I can remember from this amazing time in my life. I am sure I will want to look back on it and reminisce someday!

2012
July 31 - Packed up moving truck - No more living on Harrison!

August
1 - Arrive in St. Louis and MOVE IN. Dad and Rae came to help us get everything unpacked, and we met our neighbor, Jay. He brought us water down...probably because we looked liked we were dying in the heat! Here are some pictures from move in day.





 August 4 - Ed and Allison came to visit - toured Anheuser-Busch, walked around downtown's sculpture park, had dinner at Blueberry Hill, and drinks at Stella Blues.




 
August 5 - 10 - flew to Pensacola and sistas picked me up to go to GULF SHORES. Eric was back in St. Louis working super hard during his first weeks at his new Valvoline on Kingshighway.

August 11 - First time visiting the Tower Grove Farmer's Market...then picked up Lou! This was the beginning of my favorite parts about St. Louis, taking Lou to Tower Grove Park!

August 11-12 - First visit back home...ALREADY?! I think we were a little homesick. Luckily, we got to spend time with bunches of our family/friends.

Once back to St. Louis, I spent the next two weeks lounging, repainting my coffee table, hanging with our new neighbor, trying to train Lou (going to his classes at the Comunity Center for Puppy playtime), and watching Law & Order SVU NON-STOP. Glenn Lee came to visit and we visited the Transportation Museum (Planes, Trains, Cars, and a Tug Boat).

August 22 - Got to meet some of the other interns at lunch - Schlafly Brewery - My memory of this was trying to figure out what to wear, and then thinking I was an idiot for shoving way too much food in my mouth at lunch and then not being able to chew it gracefully...the other girls don't remember this.

August 27 - Sept 5 - First day of internship, long days of orientation, and choosing rotations. Fun times going to lunch with the other interns.

Sept 1-2 - Home for the UofL/UofK football game!




Sept 5 - Yappy Hour at the Boathouse in Forest Park with the other interns and our dogs

Sept 21-22 - Headed to Northern Ky for Bubba and Kathy's wedding! Fun times dancin with family and the after-party in the lobby of the hotel. So fun that Eric woke up in the wrong bed :)




Sept 29 - 30 - Brent and Kasey visited for the 1st time. We got to go to a Rams vs Seahawks game at the Edward Jones Dome.
Photo: Lynch knows!!! Seahawks v Rams!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment