Thursday, September 22, 2011

Status change: No longer a server

Last night was my last shift at Hall of Fame. I am hoping I have enough money for the wedding without working there, but it felt so good to think, "I don't have to roll silver ever again!" We'll see if I ever pick up a shift or something, but at least I have a few more hours a week to devote to dissertation. Now I just have to make sure I actually do that. Proposal is next week, and I can't lie, I am NERVOUS! I really feel like my 2nd reader is going to rip it to shreds. Hopefully not.Maybe my chair will take up for me?

Ordered my bridesmaid bouquets last night and I am pretty happy with the computer picture of them...I'll have to see what they look like in person. Eric & I worked on our posters we are going to use in our Save the Date pictures (hopefully this weekend)...I loved doin this little artsy thing with him. He was actually more into it than I thought. I had to restrain my perfectionist self and make sure I didn't just take over everything. We talked about the wedding and what he wanted as far as a say in the decorations, etc. It was a nice lil couple day :)

Busy weekend ahead. My friend Kelly's getting married and that should be fun. Her and her fiance are me & Eric's wedding buddies at all the weddings we have gone to over the last year. Scott likes to yell out during the speeches and always cracks us up. Kelly and I end up people watching. Pauly D is at 4th Street that night, so we'll see if we end up there after the reception. Saturday is the Schnitzelburg Walk...should be entertaining. Weather pending, we might do our pics for Save the Dates on Sunday...I told Eric we can't be hungover for this and he'll need a haircut. I bet this haircut happens Sunday morning and hopefully he doesn't look ill. Back to work at CSH...fun times

1 comment:

  1. I am so happy for you!! It is a great feeling to finally walk away and know you are done with serving. You will rock your proposal!

    ReplyDelete