Update on dissertation stuff. I have spent about 11 hours total so far working on reading articles...I have an outline. I know I am writing about brain injury and what factors affect positive outcomes for people in the support groups at BIAK (Brain Injury Alliance of KY). So far this has been good, but I am trying to work out details...Meeting again with my dissertation chair in 2 weeks so thats good. Goal = proposal by the end of the semester. In other news, I am broke and really wish I could find a way to work nights and get paid a decent amount...maybe even using my M.A. instead of waiting tables. I love my friends at work, but Monday night I made $18 and worked for like 5 hours...
I am SOOOOOO looking forward to next year when I can get my own place with Eric wherever I have to move. I think I want to get a dog then...I don't know what it will feel like to get off work at 4:30 and have the rest of the day to do whatever I want with. I shouldn't wish away the present, but sometimes it sucks. I just want a pay-check for working. Is that too much to ask?

No comments:
Post a Comment