Thursday, April 11, 2013

Thomas James Bacigalupi

Eric lost his Papa Tom last night. I am feeling the need to get my thoughts out. I know it was probably for the best because we didn't want him to struggle and suffer. Still, it hurts to lose such a central member to your family. I want to lock up all the great memories of having Tom around. While he won't be there physically anymore, he has created a great loving family, so we are lucky to have that. Some of my favorite things about Tom were his wittyness and banter. Saying "read between the lines" or talking about UK/UL. Talking about how "Alice beats me at night." Making goofy faces. Being ready to punch somebody if they were to touch his ears. "Saving up beers" so he could drink more at our wedding reception. Calling me "Pat" and "doctor" when I saw him right after defending my dissertation. Picking on the "blue-haired ladies" at Bingo or Eric's Aunt Mary Ann. And always being the one to butter the biscuits at breakfast. I know Eric and the rest of Tom's kids/grandkids have SO many more happy and funny memories of Tom. I want to seal them up and share them with our kids and each other, so he is still around.

No comments:

Post a Comment