Saturday, August 6, 2011

Adventures in D.C.

Just now waking up from the drive home from D.C. Yes, I said drive! Urgh. Next time were definitely flying. I hate West Virginia and their mountains. All I could think of was "the hills have eyes" I double and triple checked that the doors were locked the whole way thru the creepy little towns. I also hate the Phoenix Park hotel. I would have appreciated a warning that I was staying in a "historic" hotel. That basically means old crappy and expensive.
On to things I DON'T hate. I loved riding bikes with the boo across the Mall to see all the monuments. Felt like a little kid. Loved riding the trains in D.C. However, it was a little uncomfortable when a psychotic/drunk man took everyones attention on the nighttime train. But still memorable.
Oh yeah, and I presented at APA. That was ok...but I definitely enjoyed the lil trip with my man more than the academic part!



No comments:

Post a Comment