Sunday, May 13, 2012
Patricia Ann Weiter
That is my new name. I want to write this post to remember all the fun happenings yesterday.
I couldn't sleep Friday night and was out of Advil PM so I was only sleeping from 2 - 5:45. I was wide awake so I got up and got to packing for the honeymoon...majorly procrastinating. I walked to the gym to do some last minute things and then got ready to go to German Paristown Neighborhood Association to get prettied up. My friend Melissa was doing my hair & makeup and rode with Lori Kirk and I. As I walked into GPNA I dropped my plastic case full of my makeup and spilled coffee all the way down my white button up shirt. Smooth move. We spent the morning fixing hair & makeup and wrapping my maids dresses. I couldn't have done this all together had it not been for my awesome friends Lauren, Melissa, and Brittany. They were awesome! My mom & Nanny arrived and I stressed we would not have time to fix my bouquet & get ready for pictures, but it all worked out. I got my sticky bra on and got in my dress. I read a card that Eric wrote to me...he said "see you at the altar, I'll be the one staring" and I laughed and held back tears. Savannah (my 9 year old niece) said "just eat a banana!" To keep me from crying. She's a mess. We took some pictures and then I hid out in the bathroom of the church so people wouldn't get a sneak peek. Lily told me my hair looked likea rose :) As I waited with the wedding party, I got excited & nervous....what if I trip or say the vows wrong? I peaked through the crack in the door and saw Eric just before Chelsey and Nichole opened them up. My dad was all choked up. I held back tears again. Then even our deacon teared up. Eric looked awesome in his tux and he says he got light headed when he saw me. Eric and I held hands but then he was sweaty so we took a break from that...his godfather Tony and my godmother Sheree read and Tim did an awesome gospel & homily. I know Eric's uncle Tommy liked the part about a bride being simple minded to fall for this guy. We got through the vows and didn't mess up. We exited the church and had a moment alone before pictures. The groomsmen picked me up for a pic but my bare feet were out and I laughed the whole time. We went to some train tracks down the road to take more pics and found a used syringe on the tracks...thats safe. Fun cab ride & entrance to the reception. They announced us as the "cougar & her cub" Mr & Mrs Eric & Patti Weiter! :) I robbed the cradle. Thats all for now. I'll try to write up more memories later so I don't forget any details. Right now, were hanging in the St. Louis airport ready to fly to Fort Lauderdale and then drive to Key West for a week of relaxation!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
so storybook...
ReplyDelete