I had an interesting conversation yesterday. I was chatting with my friend Coco. We were talking about school, as usual, and she remarked that she had been talking earlier with our friend Gingey about the possibility that we are all mildly depressed. I laughed. But I also thought. THIS IS TRUE! You think this is crazy, but for the last few months I have noticed changes. I will show you what I mean.
1. I want to sleep ALL THE TIME.
2. Feeling tired even when I get enough sleep.
3. Less interest to do the things I like to do.
4. Feeling guilty about my lack of productivity at school stuff. (especially if I let myself do something fun/lazy)
5. Inability to focus/concentrate when trying to be productive at school crap.
So look up the symptoms for depression...they fall right in line. I am not saying I have severe depression and I wouldn't compare how I feel to that at all. But mild. Yes. I htink this is all being caused by the pressure to finish a bunch of big ticket school crap, a dwindling motivation, and the guilt that I put on myself any time I do something fun. At the end of the week, I usually just want to lay on my couch. I don't feel like hanging out with anyone. That ain't me! So anyways. I could explain this more. Some might read this (out of my 2 followers) and htink I am being stupid. I am planning to figure out how to reverse this chronic crap mood I've been in. I'll updatemore about that plan. I gotta hurry up and get off here. Library is calling my name to spend hours working on dissertation. I am behind on my research owrk for my RIG. I have to get 3 posters together to present at APA in 2 weeks. Oh, and then there's my actual classwork. (Psychopharmacology)...maybe I'll find time to sell our house, plan a wedding, and eat later today.
My rant is over.

No comments:
Post a Comment