Friday, July 15, 2011

Looking over the fence

As I said, I have decided to get myself out of this funk that I'm in. I am hoping that the change in schedule that comes with switching practicum, quitting Raskin's & Hall of Fame, and starting new stuff will help jump start me. I have had an "a-ha" moment as Oprah says. I recently received some documents from people to get ready for internship applying. Graduates of my program sent me some of their CVs and essays they used to apply. I found myself comparing my "stuff" to their "stuff." Why did they have SO much more and cooler research (because they had an awesome Health Emphasis Area Director???). Why did they have way more publications than my ZERO? And how the heck am I going to apply to Veteran's Administration (VA) hospitals with my wimpy CV and crappy research background? I am overexaggeratin my suckiness, but thats what it felt like. I decided that I need to stop comparing myself with other people. Maybe I look awesome when some other people compare their CV to mine. I don't know. I mean people apply from across the country. Anyways, I am trying to gett all my shiz together to get this ball rollin. House is getting appraised Monday, meeting with Dr. Bliss to discuss internship jazz Tuesday, giving Dr. Katsikas my draft of Ch1 for dissertation Wednesday! Wa Wa We Wa

1 comment:

  1. Go Patti! I know it's overwhelming sometimes, and so proud of you for putting up the fight. The light at the end of the tunnel is visible, however dim it may be. Keep your faith daughter of mine, you can't go wrong.

    ReplyDelete